Story Behind The Recipe
I love coconut and I use it every opportunity I get.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (I prefer to use Kentaste Coconut Oil)
- 2 tsp mild curry paste
- 2 large skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 Tbsp red split lentils
- 300ml chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk (I use Kentaste coconut milk) or milk of one coconut if your using fresh coconut
- 175g frozen peas
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat the coconut oil in a deep frying pan or wok, stir in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
2. Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk.
3. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Tip in the peas, bring back to the boil and simmer for a further 4-5 minutes.
5. Season to taste before serving.
|Number of Servings